WordPress just informed that it’s been 4 years since I started my blog. 4 years!!!
Gosh, how is that even possible?
In those 4 years we:
- Had our 5th and last miscarriage.
- Went out of country to NYC to get specialized recurrent pregnancy loss medical diagnosis. Chose not to pursue treatment for multiple reasons.
- Endured hurt and drama due unsupportive family and friends.
- Chose to pursue international infant open adoption to grow our family.
- Waited for what felt like forever, but got matched in record time.
- Became parents to the most amazing little boy, who makes my dreams come true on a daily basis.
- Managed to cross the USA and return home to Canada with an infant, while enduring hell at the hands of our USA adoption agency.
- Decided to only have 1 child.
- Chose permanent birth control.
- Traveled, a lot. Iceland with a 17 month old. Hawaii with a 2 year old. Multiple trips to see family on the West Coast. Little MPB has already been on 12 flights (not including connection flights).
- Started my own consulting firm.
- Said goodbye to our beloved family dog.
- Most recently brought a new puppy into our family.
Just writing that list makes my head hurt a tiny bit. Honestly, sometimes I’m amazed that Mr. MPB and I are still standing, let alone actually enjoying life most days. It’s been a wild ride. I look back at the last 4 years and am truly shocked by everything we’ve been through.
I have to acknowledge just how important writing has been to helping me survive everything. And even more, just how grateful I am for the community I found through my blog.
Even though I have absolutely no idea what’s next for us, something tells me that it is going to continue to be a wild ride.
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow.