This week is going to be INSANE!
Let me give you a brief glance into my week:
- Old nanny’s last day and new nanny starts. First, I’m hoping the old nanny shows up for her last day. Second, I’m desperately hoping the new nanny works out.
- Work Day 1 – Day-trip for a meeting. I’m hosting a meeting and flying round trip in one day. I’m already exhausted just thinking about it.
- Work Day 2 – Day-trip for a meeting. I’m driving 7 hours round trip to attend 1 meeting. Again, likely all in one day (if I’m really tired I’ll get a hotel for the night rather then drive back home). And again, I’m exhausted just thinking about it.
- In order to attend both of these meetings, I had better find some time to prepare for them!
- Mr. MPB is supposed to work at some point during the week as well – I’m wishing him luck.
- Baby MPB has decided that sleeping through the night is for chumps. He’s determined to convince us that the day starts between 3am and 4am – we aren’t buying into this little plan of his. But, unfortunately as we try to reset his internal clock no-one is sleeping well in the MPB household. Even the dog looks tired.
- We are going to visit our friends who just moved. This means we are undertaking the longest drive we’ve ever done with Baby MPB. I’m dreading it (the drive, not the visit with friends).
- Baby MPB has vaccinations. Clearly that will be fun for all involved.
So, needless to say, I have just one goal for the week – survive it! If I can make it through the week, we will get to enjoy a few days away with friends who in all likelihood supply us with alcohol, feed us delicious meals and love Baby MPB to pieces.
Oh, and as an added bonus, if I survive until our weekend away, I get to meet an awesome blogger and amazing friend and her rainbow baby in real life!! So clearly, I have to survive the week so that I can meet them!
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow my journey.
I realize that with each passing day he is growing older and changing, and that I’ll never get those baby days again. Yet, I also realize that growing up is exactly what he’s supposed to do. So, when Baby MPB was born, rather then mourn the days that are passing, I made made the decision to embrace and celebrate each new milestone that Baby MPB reaches.
But last night, as I watched him, I couldn’t help but wish time would slow down.
You see, he took his first step from one piece of furniture to another. He was holding onto to furniture the entire time, so it’s not an official first step or anything like that. He’s always loved to stand, in fact his happy place is any place he can stand. And, in the last week or two he has started walking with us when we are holding his hands. But, to actually be able to take a step without us, just blows my mind.
But, it’s way too soon! Seriously, I’m not ready. Somehow having a child who can walk makes him seem so much older then he actually is.
I know babies reach milestones at different ages, and Baby MPB seems to reach them all early. But I really wish I could hold onto my little guy just a little while longer. Right now all I can think about is that if I blink he’ll be off to kindergarten and the next thing I know he’ll be enrolled in college and moving out. (Okay, maybe that’s a bit of a stretch…).
Oh, and since when do babies do this so young?! Somehow I feel like once he’s walking he’ll no-longer by my little baby, rather he’ll be some sort of miniature toddler. Again, I’m just not ready.
I am beyond thankful that he’s my little boy and that he’s thriving each and every day. Yet, today I cannot help but feel like he’s growing up too fast.
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.comto follow my journey.