Our First Weekend With A Puppy
A few first puppy thoughts….
- Doodle MPB is adorable! She’s a little brown fuzzball.
- What was I thinking when I said an infant almost seems manageable? A puppy who hates her crate is definitely a tiny reminder of just how hard infants are. Mr. MPB and I already miss sleep, and we really aren’t very good at giving up sleep. The only one who seems to sleep through her nighttime crying is Little MPB, so we’ll take that as a win.
- Puppy potty training may actually help Little MPB with potty training. So far, this weekend, when we’ve taken Doodle MPB outside for potty breaks, Little MPB has asked to sit on the toilet twice. He didn’t do anything other then sit there, but we’ll take VOLUNTEERING to sit on the toilet as a major success!
- Doddle MPB loves people. To the point where if we are 1 feet away she cries and cries and cries. I have no idea what to do about this because it’s just not realistic for us to be within 1 foot of her at all times. (Any suggests to help a cryings/screaming/howling puppy learn not to cry and scream would be much appreciated).
- Little MPB lost the right to name Doodle MPB. You see, when we brought her home he started calling her Dog MPB. Now, if you remember, he only started saying Dog MPB’s name when we got home from putting her down. While absolutely devastated by his choice of name, I truly find it fascinating that he remembers her name from 7 months ago and associated a new dog in the house as being her. So we chose a name that also happens to be a character that Little MPB adores.
- Little MPB wakes up in the morning asking for Doodle MPB. He loves petting her and giving her hugs. When she leaves his side, he shouts Come back Doodle MPB! and chases her. 80% of the time he’s great with her. But, that other 20% of the time, he steals her toys and taunts her. And he shoves his little fingers in her little puppy mouth and says Eat! which is not a behavior we want to encourage. Clearly we are not just training Doodle MPB, Little MPB needs to learn how to better interact with a puppy. We have our work cut out for us.
- Doodle MPB is so stinking cute with Little MPB. 80% of the time she follows him everywhere. She let’s Little MPB snuggle and give her hugs. She loves his pets. But that other 20% of the time she’s jumping on him and chewing at his clothing.
- The cute moment are the moments that make this new level of crazy worth it.
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow.