Random Life Updates
It feels like a list kind of day.
- We went out for Mr. MPB’s work Christmas party on Sunday. (I still don’t know why a Christmas party was in March and on a Sunday night). Little MPB had a great time with his former nanny and went to bed just fine without us. We also had a good time. Except on Monday morning I was wickedly hung over. It amazes me that back in the day in university I could drink copious amounts of alcohol night after night. Now, I just have a few glasses of red wine and a shot of Tequila, and I’m down and out. To be fair, I realized at the time that I probably just shouldn’t have had that shot.
- Work is insane for Mr. MPB and I this week. In fact, the remainder of March is going to be busier then we’d like. We are literally like passing ships in the night. I’m already excited for Friday because we have absolutely nothing planned for the entire weekend.
- Something happened with Doodle MPB on Saturday. It’s like a switch flipped in her brain and now she’s no longer whining/crying/screaming/howling/barking 24/7. She’s still talkative, but normal puppy talkative. After days of constant whining, I’ll admit her whining still grates on our nerves. But we can actually hear ourselves think again!
- Potty training is coming along for Little MPB! We fully attribute it to Doodle MPB. You see LIttle MPB wants to go outside with Doodle MPB every time we take her to the potty (don’t worry we aren’t letting them pee in the backyard together – When Doodle MPB goes outside, Little MPB asks to go potty so he goes to the indoor, human bathroom). Unlike our first potty training attempt, we are still not pushing him at all and are just going to let him lead us. But, he’s asking to sit on the potty a few times everyday and he’s using it sometimes too!! He’s even asking at daycare now! And, honestly, I think we are just going to take a back seat to daycare – they can do all the hard work this time.
- Potty training the puppy is coming along slowly. It’s like we have 2 good days, then 1 bad day. But, we also realize she’s just 9 weeks old and she’s probably exactly where she should be for her age. Both of us will be very excited when she can hold her bladder through the night.
- I got a call from my GI Clinic yesterday. All the blood work and the Small Bowel Follow Through with Abdominal X-Rays Wrapper both came back perfectly normal. This was very much the expected results. But, the nurse was very direct and clear with me that I am to call the GI doctors personal cell phone number when I have my next attack. It could be next month or six months from now or 2 years from now. So, basically we are just waiting until next time. (Although I still need to write about my Immunologist appointment – that was fascinating and could provide an important piece to this puzzle).
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow.