A Few Realizations
Last weekend we met a new baby. This baby belongs to very good friends of our who recently moved away. This baby was also a very hard fought for little one.
Upon visiting with our friends I realized a few things:
- I really miss our friends. Texting with them just isn’t the same as actually visiting with them.
- Their baby is absolutely precious. And so tiny and so perfect. And just all things sweet.
- Holding their baby while watching Baby MPB explore their house made me realize just how much Baby MPB has already grown up. It was actually hard to believe that once upon a time Baby MPB was so fragile and so tiny. I’ll admit, part of me misses the baby days. But another part of me also loves that Baby MPB is thriving as he continues to grow.
- Baby stuff (i.e. bouncer, exersaucer, bathtub, etc.) takes up a tonne of space and I’m excited to have been able to pass on a bunch of Baby MPB’s stuff and free up space in our house!
- I think I have a special spot in my heart for hard fought for little ones. I think the knowledge that someone has struggled to conceive and/or maintain pregnancies makes my heart melt in a different way. Maybe it’s a shared connection that I feel with the mom? Or maybe it’s just the knowledge that the baby could have almost not existed? I don’t know, but I really do think I have a special spot in my heart for these babies and their parents.
- Our friends live in beautiful place. We need to visit them more often so that I can soak up the scenery.
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow my journey.