Monday Morning Random Thoughts
Today, my thoughts are pretty random:
- I was planning to post this morning after I receive more test results, but I have no idea what time today I’ll get them. So, I’ve given up waiting.
- Mr. MPB and I have decided whatever is happening with my body right now is not related to the gastritis/ulcer. First, sever diarrhea isn’t normal for an ulcer. Second, the ulcer was getting better. In fact, I was eating almost normally by the end of our trip to Iceland and after a few days at home the diarrhea started. Hopefully the test results give us some more information.
- For the next 3 days I am Prevacid free. My H.Pylori test is on Thursday and I cannot have any medication for 3 days prior. I’m interested to see what happens in my stomach, especially since I think my ulcer is healing.
- I’m supposed to be working right now. Yet, I am really struggling to concentrate (probably because I’m literally starving).
- Have I mentioned that I miss food? I basically have stopped eating solid foods as my body cannot seem to handle them. So, I’m currently living of Gatorade and water. I’m starting to think I need to plan a meal of all my favourite foods for when I’m finally healthy again. Who knew sweet potato spears would become one of my most missed foods? I wont lie, I also miss chocolate.
- I love this time of year. Yesterday we spent a few hours playing with Little MPB in the yard. (Truthfully, I sat on the deck watching Mr. MPB and Little MPB play). Little MPB is still deciding about the sprinkler – sometimes he seems to think it’s fun, and at other moments he seems to think it’s scary. But, he absolutely loves his water table! I swear Little MPB is part fish.
- Observing different parenting styles can be so entertaining and enlightening. This weekend we saw friends and they parent differently then we do – it’s not a bad thing, they are just different then we are. For example, while playing outside, our friend’s washed their kids hands about 30 times in 30 minutes. We never washed Little MPB’s hands once while outside (we did wash his hands when they stopped playing outside). Maybe there’s a hand washing balance somewhere between 30 and 0?
- Little MPB has no known food allergies. After spending a meal time with a child who has an anaphylactic reaction to certain nuts, I am reminded of how thankful I am that we do not have food allergies to contend with. I grew up with a sibling (my sister) who had sever food allergies, and it’s been so long that I kind of forgot how that impacts meal times. My heart go out to parents who have to deal with this at every meal – eating out must be so stressful!!
- We’ve been debating for months and months what to do with the room in our house that was supposed to be a second child. Since we are rather confident Little MPB will be our one and only child, what should we do with this room?? After the insanity at Christmas with people wanting to stay in that room, and us not wanting them to, we have been discussing it a lot more since I never want that crazy scenario to arise again. I think we finally have a plan, I’ll share it once we are done the transformation.
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow my journey.