Is It Saturday Yet?
Last weekend was busy as Little MPB and I went to visit family together while Mr. MPB stayed home to work. Of course, Little MPB had fun, but I also solo parented for a few days which is always a bit exhausting. Needless to say, I was hoping for a chill week.
But alas, that has not happened. In fact, given the crazy, I’m slightly impressed that we’ve made it to Thursday mostly intact. Here is the coles-notes of our week so far are:
- Our week started with a phone call from daycare on Monday telling us that we have a sick toddler with a temperature consistently above 40C (104F). Which of course means, he was sent home from daycare on Monday. Which then meant the juggle of work and parenting a sick toddler started. Thankfully his fever broke Wednesday morning and asides from some lingering grouchiness, Little MPB is back to his normal self. Which means he’s back at daycare today and we are just hoping he continues to improve.
- We found Devil dog (aka Doodle MPB) barking on our front porch on Monday evening. It turns out she found a way to escape from our backyard, which we had previously thought was the equivalent of a doggy fortress. Needless to say, we were proven wrong but couldn’t find her escape route. She disappeared again and Mr. MPB couldn’t search for her as he was solo parenting a sleeping baby. Thankfully he yelled a few times and she came back. So, we scoured the yard for the problem and think we’ve found it – a tiny opening between the house and the fence, a space that we didn’t think she could get through, but it is the only possibility we can see. It’s now been blocked and hopefully she stays put.
- I had an exam. Which could not be rescheduled so Mr. MPB had to do way more then 50% of the sick toddler care this week (thankfully he’s been able to completely rearrange his schedule and pick up my slack). But, in good news, I passed.
- Fit in a trip to the doctor to confirm Little MPB has a virus. They did a swab to confirm it’s not strep throat, but honestly I think that will come back negative as he’s back to normal himself now. Call me paranoid, but after his pneumonia a few months ago, I just needed reassurance from a doctor that there wasn’t something going on that I couldn’t see.
- Devil Dog has also become an expert doggy bed destroyer. But, I will say, at least she’s just ruining doggy beds and not furniture (knock on wood I didn’t just jinx that). I’m done buying expensive beds just to see them be torn to pieces. but I also find it so sad seeing her sitting in her crate without anything comfortable to lay on. So, in my spare time I’m going to stop by a second had store today or tomorrow to buy some cheap blankets for her inside her crate.
- Little MPB has refused to sleep past 5:30am all week. Starting the day before 6am is just wrong.
- The horribleness that has been hanging over my head, may very well explode again today.
- My annual dentist check-up confirmed that I have another expensive tooth problem that must be fixed immediately. Needless to say I’m not excited for tomorrow’s minor dental surgery or for the bill.
- I have not managed to fit in a single run or bike ride since I hurt my leg. Honestly, as much as I wanted to push myself I decided I needed to walk the dog twice without pain before I was going to push myself. Last night marked my second pain free dog walk, so I’m going to get back at this weekend.
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow.