I’ve had an unbelievably hard week. The kind of week that has made me question a lot of things in my life and has probably aged me by at least a few years. But, it’s also the kind of week that brings out my determination, perseverance and quite frankly my bear claws. I will fight this fire with fire of my own, because I have no choice.
I cannot go into details on what’s happening right now, but what I will say is that I need to focus on a few positive things in my life. I need to be reminded of why I lead the life I do, and why I will continue to. So today, I’m going to write down as many things as I can think of to be grateful for:
- Little MPB – obviously.
- Mr. MPB – another obvious.
- A few specific family members who have come through for me this week. Something I used to not realize was obvious, but now I’m starting to learn that it is.
- My health. At the moment I have no stomach problems. Interestingly, I suspect what’s going on is going to result in a recurrence of my stomach problems simply due to stress.
- A bag of macadamia nuts from our Hawaii trip that is sitting on my desk. I opened them a few weeks ago and have been making them last as long as possible – I love these things so much it’s a good thing I cannot easily buy another bag!
- My car is fixed, and it was much cheaper then expected.
- My husband is making an effort to help me build custom shelving in my laundry room to make a more functional space, as we have never spent the time or money to make it functional. The laundry room is actually a closet in a bathroom so organization is critical. As I’m the one who does all the laundry and therefore am the only one who hates the space, I’m very excited that he’s agreed to help me fix it. (As an aside, does anyone else’s energy efficient dryer take forever to dry clothing?)
- We had two nice days in a row and some snow actually melted. Maybe spring is actually on the way? (Scratch that, I just looked outside and see fresh snow, and according to the forecast we are under another snowfall warning with 20cm/8in by tomorrow).
I planned to take 2 minutes to write everything I could think of. I took 10 minutes, and I’m actually sad that I could only think of 8 things – which is very much a sign of how much I’m focusing on the horribleness. But alas, this is better then nothing and it will have to do for today.
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow.