I’m having a rough day, and it’s only fair to point that out at the start of a rant.
I knew this was going to happen, I knew it. Yet, here I am, frustrated and exhausted:
- I’ve been working 10-16 hour days 6 days a week for a few weeks now. I have 1-2 more weeks left at this pace.
- The dog has been sick, but seemingly only at night. So, I slept for about 2 hours last night (I begged Mr. MPB to wake up and take over, but he didn’t move. Non-grouchy me should point out he’s done every other night lately).
- We have friends arriving for the weekend tonight. They know I’ll be working. But working when friends are visiting just sucks!
- I feel like Little MPB and Mr. MPB are having all the fun while I spend all my waking hours at meetings or at my desk or driving half way across the province to get to a meeting.
- I have migraine. Yet I have to keep working. I want to puke.
- Mr. MPB makes me breakfast nearly every day, but if I have to eat one more egg with vegetables I may lose my mind. I normally like eggs, but as of today I’m done with them. I’ll starve before I’ll eat another egg.
Yet, even with all of this going on, I was holding it together. I was just putting my head down and working. I signed up for this so it was time to suck it up and get to work.
Then, I literally lifted my head and looked at our kitchen and Little MPB’s play area and I realized our cleaners were coming shortly. Both looked like a bomb went off. I don’t clean before my cleaners come, I don’t have time for that even when I’m not stupid busy. But, I do pick up disastrous messes as to not completely embarrass myself.
I looked at the mess in the house and cried. Mr. MPB has been doing more then his fair share around the house, we agreed tot his when I took on this massive project. But apparently he didn’t realize this needed to be done before the cleaners arrive. Why would he, I always do it. And, then while I was cleaning up, he came home from a meeting and got mad at me for cleaning. I had NO idea he’d be coming home and could help. It’s not like I am psychic. It needed to be done, so I’m making it happen.
I’m insanely worried I am going to miss a critical deadline. I’m petrified of it actually. I simply don’t have time right now.
I’m juggling too much.
I literally have too much work, and the sight of our house looking so horrible just put me over the edge.
I think I just need sleep. And maybe more encouragement and support from Mr. MPB, not words of frustration at me.
And now I’ve realized I’m probably never getting breakfast made for me again in my life – because who makes breakfast for a complainy pants?! That’s my biggest mistake of the day/week/month. Because I will probably starve now. Which means I’ll be over worked, lacking sleep and hungry. Nothing good can come from this combo.
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow my journey.