Random Thoughts & Questions
Today’s post is being delivered later then normal thanks to a bottom canine tooth that kept our entire house up for way to long, multiple times during the night. I don’t understand how a child can have 4 teeth come through in one week, 1 the next week and then have one $!*@ canine tooth take seemingly forever? The $!@* canine is sitting just below the surface and we are all suffering for it. Have I mentioned before how much I hate teething? Baby Advil is now a basic survival necessity. Thankfully we finally discovered that Baby MPB will tolerate it only if we dip the end of the syringe in pure white sugar first.
So now we are literally feeding our child straight up sugar. The things I NEVER thought I’d do!!
The only bonus about this many teeth this quickly is that once the @!&* canine comes through he will have 14 teeth! 2 more that will probably come soon and then the 2 year molars which hopefully wont come for a little while. (I’m searching for the silver lining today).
Because I’m exhausted here are a few random parenting questions that are on my mind today:
- At what age to kids move from sleep sack to blankets? Or do they get a blanket and a sleep sack at the same time? Really, at what age can we add a blanket to his crib?
- At what age do kids start to love a teddy bear? Baby MPB has recently taken to loving stuffed animals, but he doesn’t seem to have a preferred one. We have one we really want him to adopt as “his bear” but we have no idea how to make this happen. Thoughts?
- Baby MPB eats anything and everything. In fact, the only food he has ever refused is plain chicken. He likes curries, roast beef, avocado, oranges, spicy anything, etc. Until now. Now, we have to try about 45 foods at each meal time and hope he’ll eat enough to fill himself up. The other night he literally ate only gold fish and a purchased fruitbar thingy – all processed foods, unfortunately. What has happened to my good eater? (I posed this question on Instagram the other day and was immediately relieved to hear from other parents that this is normal and common).
- How is it that applying for a USA social security card from Canada will take 6-8 months for processing? I will never understand how the world adoption delays every single bureaucratic thing.
- Baby MPB has started climbing everything. At what age to they learn safe climbing versus deadly/limb breaking climbing? How do parents learn to relax as their kids discover the vertical world? This age is clearly going to be hard on my mommy anxiety!
- It seems like overnight Baby MPB grew two inches. Seriously. He’s now in 18 month clothing!!! He really is leaving behind the baby days and turning into a toddler.
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow my journey.