Whining & Complaining
Please bare with me while I whine, complain and probably even swear today. Or, better yet, you probably should just skip this post, nothing productive is going to come out of it.
- My mouth is freaking killing me after a visit to the dentist. I have horrible teeth, always have and presumably always will. At this point I simply pride myself on the fact that I don’t have any fake teeth yet. Needless to say I lost the genetics lottery when it comes to my teeth and I hate it. And today, I’m incredibly bitter about it as I’m sitting here in pain. In theory, after having a small cavity filled, my mouth should hurt less. But right now as my freezing is coming out, I’m miserable and cranky. Just ask Mr. MPB, he just took the brunt of it.
- Our freaking bathroom reno has stalled. After being sick all weekend and working, we simply don’t have time for it. I feel like doing the I told you so dance as I knew this was going to happen and have been saying for months when I wanted to hire someone to do. Now we are halfway into it so hiring someone just isn’t going to happen and so we have to find time to finish it. While I’m willing to help, I’m not the best helper because I’m not all that skilled when it comes to major home renos. I suck at drywall repairs. I have no idea how to do anything plumbing or electrical related. I can use a drill, but have a tendency to strip the screws. Honestly, I need a lot of direction which is just a pain in the butt for Mr. MPB. So, Mr. MPB is frustrated with me for not being more help and I’m frustrated with the whole freaking thing for taking over our lives.
- I miss my bed. The bathroom reno is our master en suite. Needless to say the reno has taken over our bedroom too and we are now sleeping in the basement guest room. That bed sucks.
- Did I mention how annoyed I am at our families about Christmas this year? I haven’t actually talked to either set of parents in a few weeks, but I’m still harboring a lot of annoyance about the whole season.
- Christmas shopping for everyone is done. However, Mr. MPB has decided to complain about his lack of time to buy anything for my stocking. So, I have taken it upon myself to start Christmas shopping for myself. The three stocking-stuffers I’ve bought myself so far are very nice, but I’m pretty sure that’s not how Christmas is supposed to work. I am just so over Christmas this year. (Note, Mr. MPB did not ask me to do this and is slightly annoyed at me for helping, but he’s stressed so I thought I’d help him out).
- Work has slowed down at least for the rest of the month. In fact, it’s slowed down a lot. Great because I have time. But, right now this is far less then ideal. Simply, we need the income more then I want to work part time. Alas the problem of he consulting world where your income fluctuates.
- Adoption bills effing suck and don’t even get me started on the current Canadian/USA exchange rate that’s adding nearly 30% to each and every bill we have to pay.
That is it for today. I refuse to keep writing a list of rambling complaints because I do realize the world is not ending and compared to many my life is probably pretty darn good. Really, I’m just in pain and therefore annoyed at everything.
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow my journey.