Once again I’ve fallen behind in life, but have lots of things on my mind. So, today is just a brain dump.
- We will not be getting a puppy from the current litter I mentioned last week. And, I’m mostly okay with this. The litter of puppies was born over the weekend, but all 9 puppies were males. And, Mr. MPB is adamant about getting a female dog, and always has been. He prefers the personality of female dogs, and the fact that large breed females are usually slightly smaller. Dog gender has always been non-negotiable for him, probably more so then the breed of the dog. Honestly, had there been a female I think we would have gotten one, I think I would have won. But, this litter just wasn’t meant to be for us considering that their was only about a 0.19% change of all 9 puppies born be males. (Will I ever not be in the less then 1% category?). Anyways, with Mr. MPB’s blessing, I’ve added us to the top spot on the wait list for the litter in the spring and in the meantime I am going to try really hard not to find a different breeder to get one sooner. And as much as I hate to admit it, not having to train and walk a puppy in the middle of a Canadian winter will very likely be a good thing.
- Teething is horrible. Getting molars while traveling and attempting to sleep on a pull-out bed is extra horrible. I could sleep for a week if given the opportunity. (More on our quick weekend away tomorrow).
- Little MPB has mastered saying No and I Do It. Our lives are forever changed! Gosh, I love watching that little boy grow up and experience life so much!
- I got a call from a GI clinic. I am scheduled for 2 scopes at the end of September! I believe at this point in time they will confirm that I had an ulcer and that I no longer have one. I’m glad I’ll get to talk to a GI doctor. The preparation for the procedures is going to be absolutely miserable, but I think even though I’m now eating more its a good idea to have the procedures done. But, I’m unbelievably frustrated that the crisis has essentially passed and these procedures will be basically pointless from a diagnostic perspective. And while I get this appointment, someone else in crisis will be left waiting. It makes no sense to me. Needless to say the system is broken.
- We found a great way to celebrate Little MPB’s Canadian Citizenship since we happened to be away for the weekend. (More on that tomorrow).
- I’m done with my current birth control. Which means we are going to be looking into a permanent option. This topic also deserves a full post (or two), because wow are their emotions around the fact that I’m ready to make this permanent.
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow my journey.