Please Excuse Me While I Throw A Massive Temper Tantrum
I am not in the least bit surprised by the results of the H. Pylori test. They have come back negative, meaning that whatever is going on in my stomach is not the result of a bacteria causing ulcer. It’s unfortunate because this means I still do not have a cause or a real diagnosis.
But, what’s really unfortunate, like horribly unfortunate, is this update from my clinic:
Your referral to a GI has been sent in. Once they process it they will put you in the queue according to their caseload priority and eventually they will give you an appointment date. Unfortunately it could take months, possibly even a year or more, before you see a GI unless your symptoms become more sever.
The nurse from the clinic was very nice when she broke the news, and we had a great conversation about how this makes no sense. But, honestly, please excuse me while I throw a massive temper tantrum. Because that’s truthfully all I can think to do at this moment.
I have always been a strong advocate for the Canadian medical system in the case of emergency matters. Heck, even with infertility testing and multiple miscarriages, I was sort of an advocate as we never paid a penny for any of our treatments and procedures/surgeries. (I say sort of because we did eventually leave the country to seek specialized diagnostics and potential treatment not available locally).
Anyways, I think it’s pretty obvious to say that I am not very happy at the moment. Clearly our publically funded system is broken when they say not being able to eat anything other then cheerios and baby puffs is not a critical problem deserving of immediate medical care.
Which means I now have a lot riding on my upcoming visit to a naturopath. Then, once I get my wait list position and the name of the GI, which could be months from now, I plan to repeatedly call and very likely annoy the heck out of their administrative staff until they give me an appointment date and assuming I don’t like the date I plan to beg and plead for a sooner appointment date and then reputedly call until they give me a sooner cancellation appointment. It’s clearly not the best plan, but, what can I possibly lose by being a squeaky wheel?
I should mention that we have researched our options for visiting a private GI. Private GI’s do not seem to be an option in our province. So, at this Mr. MPB and I have decided not to seek out of country medical treatment. Quite frankly, we just don’t have the cash lying around for a trip to the USA plus the potential costs of the GI appointment, testing and treatment.
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow my journey.