The ScreamFest Continues
It’s currently 2:34 am.
We have just endured another Scream Fest. Little MPB is miserable. And the Adult MPB’s are exhausted.
Fortunately for Little MPB and Mr. MPB it appears they have both fallen asleep. But I am clearly not so fortunate as my insomnia has likely just kicked in and I’ll be up for a few more hours.
Needless to say, the morning is going to come too quickly and we are all going to have a very long day ahead of us.
And, the good/bad news is that Little MPB and I visited our doctor today. The findings are:
- Little MPB appears to be perfectly healthy – which is exactly what I suspected. He has the sniffles but nothing more then just the sniffles. His ears are just fine. His chest is completely clear. His stomach feels fine. His throat looks good. He has no new teeth arriving. After answering a tonne of questions and watching Little MPB explore the tiny doctor’s office, it was determined that his behaviour is also completely normal for an active little boy. All of this means that there is no medical reason for the screaming. But, if it continues for a few weeks or gets worse then Little MPB will have urine and blood testing done just to be safe.
- I forgot to ask again about Little MPB language. But, to be fair, I asked about it just over a week ago when I first went in for my foot. So I don’t think I would have learned anything new by asking again.
- My foot is not broken. I knew this already, but what I didn’t realize is that the ligament damage that I’ve done is a 6 to 8 week recovery. Even though the swelling is starting to subside, I am not allowed to run because I will continue to re-injure and prolong the healing it if I do. I am to continue to be active, but I must stick to cycling, swimming and light walking. I have a few thoughts on this:
- After all the recent drama at my old spin studio, I’m told I have to cycle? Seriously, I wanted a break from cycling for a while. But I am also not willing to do nothing and now that the swelling is going down I have no excuse. So, I guess I’ll be dusting off my bike and hitting the trails, or finding a new spin studio.
- 2 runs and I manage to do significant ligament damage, WTF?! Clearly no good can come from running. And my entire plan to run outside has officially been derailed.
It’s now 2:50am. Little MPB has started screaming again. Mr. MPB is fast asleep (as he should be, he has been up for a few hours trying to comfort Little MPB), so I guess it’s my turn.
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow my journey.