10 Random Things on A Friday
I don’t seem to have the energy to put together coherent sentences right now (thanks to Snuza for giving a false alarm at 3am and Baby MPB for then waking up at the unusually early hour of 4:30am). So, today I’m going to share a completely random list of things floating around in my mind:
- Dinner parties no longer seem to exist in our lives. Now, we do lunches. And lunches are great.
- Baby MPB is a wonderful sleeper and often falls asleep for the night within 10-15 minutes and he pretty much sleeps through the night except for 1 feeding around 11:30pm (I know we are spoiled). We used to have him sleep in his pack n play in the living room so one of us was always right next to him. But, now he spends his nights in his room and I hate it. I feel like I’m putting him away, and so I hate putting him to bed. Like, really hate it! I try to find creative ways to make Mr. MPB put Baby MPB to bed most nights.
- I just received a new work project which is a good thing since I’m a consultant and I never know when my next project is going to come along. I’m excited and yet rather anxious.
- I love our new nanny. She doesn’t fold laundry like the last one did, which I do miss. But, she does a phenomenal job with Baby MPB and she loves our dog too. I’m already sad that we will be saying good bye to her in a few months.
- Baby MPB is growing up too fast. Yet, I’m surprised that this doesn’t make me very sad. Rather, I’m excited. I love watching him grow and develop and I’m so excited to see what he will do next.
- I found 2 massive used book sales last weekend with children books priced at $1.00 and $0.50. I am embarrassed by the number of books I bought (128), but I am thrilled that I spent less then $75 on all the books. And so many were books I remember from my childhood. This made me seriously happy.
- It’s a long weekend here and the weather is supposed to be miserable and Mr. MPB might be away for a night leaving Baby MPB and I on our own for our first ever night. So I’m looking to find some fun indoor activities for the weekend. Maybe it’s time for Baby MPB’s first time swimming?
- I adore amazon prime, so long as I don’t think about how horribly they apparently treat their staff. We buy almost everything for Baby MPB on amazon including diapers and formula. Amazon is almost always cheaper then anywhere else and it saves me the time and effort of actually going shopping. Since I hate shopping and don’t have a lot of extra time these days, this is a huge win in my life.
- I hate adoption bureaucracy, but I think I may be winning this battle! I should know for sure soon, but I’m optimistic for the first time in a few weeks.
- I’ve been running at least 3 times per week for a few weeks now. It feels good, except for my one calf muscle which is revolting at the moment. That said, I’m dreading this morning’s run in the rain.
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow my journey.