Dreams Coming True
There are a few things that I’ve always dreamed about doing with our child:
- Swimming. I have these adorable thoughts of taking an infant swimming. Well, with all the nanny chaos of the last month I delayed registering and now all the summer classes are full. When we discovered this, I threw my very own two-year old kind of temper tantrum that resulted in me saying to Mr. MPB I know this irrational, but I’m devastated. Please, don’t try to fix it or find a a solution or tell me to calm down. Just let me be irrationally angry and pout for a few minutes. He obliged, and now I’ve come to realize that taking swimming lessons in a few months wont impact his life at all, so I just need to get over it. And, I asked a friend who is a former life guard to take us one-on-one sometime before the fall.
- Reading. I love reading so it comes as no surprise that I love reading to our little guy. I cannot seem to get my hands on enough books for him, and I just love finding him new books. In fact, I just found out about a local used book sale in a few months that apparently has thousands and thousands of children’s books priced at $1. Needless to say, it’s already marked in our calendars! Do you have any must have children’s books to recommend? A few of our favourites are:
- The Family Book (really, almost anything by Todd Parr is worth reading – he’s an excellent children’s author on family diversity).
- 10 Little Fingers and 10 Little Toes
- Everywhere Babies
- Bear Snores On
- A Mother For Choco
- Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born
- Only One You
- The Hockey Sweater (a must read Canadian classic)
- I Wish You More
- Hiking. We spend countless days in the summer hiking in the mountains. Sometimes we got for 10km hikes and sometimes we go for 30km hikes. Hiking with our child was something Mr. MPB always dreamed of. In fact, one of Mr. MPB early baby purchases was the Kelty Pathfinder 3.0 (purchased second-hand for a steal of deal). Baby MPB is still to little to safely use it for a real hike, so Mr. MPB has started getting him used to it with quick trips to the mail box (I’m sure our neighbours think he’s nuts). But, this weekend we took our first ever hike using our Ergo 360 carrier. We packed up the vehicle, loaded up the dog and took Baby MPB for his very first little hike in the Rocky Mountains. We actually decided his first hike would be the same one as the dog’s first hike. It was a beautiful spring day that made the scenery breathtaking. And, the hike is much shorter and flatter then we are used to so if something wasn’t right we were a quick jog back to the car. And, it was also the very first hike we took our dog on, so it just felt like the right first one for Baby MPB.
- Camping. We have our first weekend camping trip booked for July. I’m really hoping for sunshine! But, now matter what I am sure we will have some fun!
- A whole host of other things that will happen as he grows up like soccer, hockey, fishing and walking him to and from school every day with our dog. We are going to have so much fun with this little guy!
Honestly, it’s pretty amazing to be experiencing these dreams come true. There isn’t a day that goes by that I am not thankful for our little guy, and humbled that we were chosen to be his parents, and so madly in love that it brings a tear to my eye.
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow my journey.