I often complain about the rigors of the adoption process. I firmly believe in the background checks, but it’s exhausting to be continually opening your life up to intense scrutiny. Needless to say, it’s been grueling, expensive and even now still on going. Just to name a few of the steps we’ve taken to welcome our son into our lives:
- Multiple home study visits and approved home study.
- Canadian criminal record check.
- Global finger print police check.
- Physical and mental health medical reports.
- References from friends and families.
- At risk children intervention review.
- Financial reviews.
- Multiple parenting courses (even if some where ridiculous).
- Post placement home study visits.
But you know what’s really kind of cool, today I can say that I am an approved parent! It’s almost as though we’ve passed every single type of parenting test that seems to exist!
And we’ve done so in more then one country. Both the Canadian government and the USA government deem Mr. MPB and I fit parents!
Since very few parents actually go through this process, I guess in a way it’s kind of cool because I can actually say I passed the parenting test.
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow my journey.