Counting My Blessings
I’m counting my blessings today.
I’m giving myself 10 minutes, and only 10 minutes, to write a list of positive blessings. My goal is 25 items I am grateful for. While a time limit might sound silly, the reason for the time limit is that I want to start today by focus solely on happy things for at least 10 minutes.
- Mr. MPB.
- Our supportive friends.
- Our warm and cozy house.
- Our family members who try to be supportive in their own way, even if at times it is not enough for us.
- Our dog. I love that dog!
- The friendships I’ve made through blogging and twitter.
- Our fridge, freezer and pantry that are stocked with food so that we will not go hungry.
- Our toys – we love to play in the outdoors. We have all sorts of toys that we’ve collected over the years – bikes, camping gear, backpacking gear, skis, snowshoes.
- Both our cars function well.
- Mr. MPB is really good with technology so I don’t have to deal with anything technology related that breaks in our house.
- We are able to help others who are less fortunate through our volunteer work with a local homeless shelter.
- Our camera – it has helped me see so much happiness in our lives in the last year – I love that thing!
- The books I have managed to collect over the years. I love real books, and I really need to read more!
- The quotes from my mom that were recently given to me.
- The love that I experienced as a young child from my family.
- The fact that I got to know my mom and sister before they died and am able remember them.
- The love I experienced from Mr. MPB’s grandparents who are no-longer with us. I miss them dearly, but I am so thankful I had the opportunity to know them.
- Our counsellor – she is amazing!
- The progress that is occurring in our adoption.
- Spring is just around the corner – I love summer!!
- Our nephews who bring so much joy to our lives when we visit them.
- Our renewed commitment to fitness.
- Our cleaning lady – I love her.
- We live in a safe city and country.
- My laptop – I’d be lost without this thing!
So, the end result of my timed blessing count:
First, I’m glad I was able to think of 25 things that I am grateful for and blessed to have in my life. However, I’m a bit disappointed that I struggled to come up with the last few and I couldn’t think of more then 25 right off the top of my head.
Second, I’m glad I am able to type extraordinarily fast thanks to my Dad forcing me to take typing classes in high school. There is no way I could have done that in 10 minutes if it weren’t for my speedy typing. Although truth be told after the 10 minutes was up, I did go back and correct a couple of typos, add in the links and add the photos.
Third, I’m now annoyed that I set a time limit because I’ve thought of so many more things to add to the list since I finished writing it.
Wishing everyone a happy weekend filled with many blessings!
If you like this post, please feel free to share it and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow my journey.