Mr. MPB’s September Challenge
How is it already September 1? I’ve never before in my life wished for August to end, but this year has been different. I wonder, can a simple flip of the calendar really make a big difference to one’s state of mind? I don’t know, but I sure am hopeful!
Anyways, I thought I’d share another slightly funny thing about how August fizzled out for us.
Those who know us, know that Mr. MPB loves to cook and could probably be a chef if his current career ever falls through. (I sure won the jackpot with him – I’d live off Kraft Dinner if I had to fend for myself).
This week was a bad week for us in the food department. Our week looked like this:
- Monday we got home late from camping and had no food in our house. We made pasta for Little MPB and ordered pizza for the adults after Little MPB was in bed.
- Tuesday Little MPB had left-over pasta and we ordered Indian food (we just found an amazing take-out place but it is way to spice for Little MPB).
- Wednesday I finally went grocery shopping because the food situation had become pretty desperate. While shopping I decided I really wanted barbeque ribs for dinner. So, Mr. MPB started slow cooking the ribs at about 3pm (a benefit of working from home). We had the BBQ set to approximately 200f for a few hours – they were looking great! Mr. MPB decided to give them a bit more time, and he went back about an hour later and the BBQ temperature had raised to 750f and the ribs were literally on fire!! Needless to say, we put out the fire, then scrambled to put dinner together for Little MPB and ordered pizza again for the adults way later then we would have prefered.
- Thursday was no better. We all had left over pizza.
We normally eat-out or order take-out no more then 1/week. Needless to say, neither of us are loving the amount of pizza we’ve eaten this week! It’s amazing how quickly we start to feel sluggish and generally yucky when we eat poorly.
So, Mr. MPB has decided he is going to cook supper every single day in September. The basic rules are:
- eating out for supper is not allowed (unless required because I’m on the road with work which I’m expecting 3 or 4 times this month),
- re-purposed left-overs are allowed.
Mr. MPB seems fully committed to this little self-imposed challenge.
I on the other hand, have not volunteered to help him with the cooking. Instead, I’ve promised that I’ll eat his home cooked meals every single night and that I’ll take photos of said meals!
If we both hold up our ends of the deal, I’ll share the photos (good and bad) and recipe ideas.
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow my journey.