I’ve hit my limit. I cannot keep up the pace that we are currently functioning at. It’s just not possible.
Yet, I look at our calendars and I realize as much as I need to slow down, life isn’t going to give us a break:
- Sept 24-25 – booked. Family visiting and staying with us.
- Oct 1-2 – booked. Mr. MPB is away.
- Oct 8-9 – booked. Friends visiting and staying with us.
- October 15-16 – booked. Away for a mini-family reunion.
- October 21-23 – Long weekend away just the 4 of us (Mr. MPB, Baby MPB, dog MPB and I).
- October 29-30 – booked. Mr. MPB is away.
And somewhere in there we have to make time to visit our new niece who lives a few hours away. And we have to hire a new nanny and continue to work to pay the bills. Oh, and we also probably have that family member sporadically staying with us as they deal with their own difficult situation.
I don’t even have the courage to look at our November calendar. We simply cannot keep this pace up, and I honestly have no desire to.
In an attempt to settle things down I looked at what we can cancel. And the sad reality is that the only thing we can get rid of is our family weekend in the mountains. Clearly we aren’t cancelling that since it should be mostly fun.
I just don’t know how to get life back to a point where I feel like I can just relax and just enjoy being.
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to My Perfect Breakdown to follow my journey.