I feel like I’m obsessed with sleep. In fact, since a few days before Baby MPB was born I’ve been obsessed with all things sleep:
- Helping encourage Baby MPB to sleep in longer stretches.
- Thoughts of sleep training, which so far we’ve avoided as Baby MPB will fall asleep right away when he’s tired.
- Worry about if baby MPB die from SIDS in his sleep.
- Trying to get Mr. MPB to go to bed a bit earlier and get a bit more sleep (he’s a night owl).
- Watching how much sleep Mr. MPB gets vs. how much I get (yes, I have been known to keep count – it’s not good for our marriage, but I do it and I’m pretty sure he does too).
- Trying to figure out what my minimum sleep threshold is to be able to function and care for a child.
- Trying to figure out what my minimum sleep threshold is to be able to work coherently.
- Grumping about being exhausted.
And maybe now I should add dress properly to this list.
My sleep obsession seems to get the best of me when I have less sleep. And right now the amazing sleeping Baby MPB is not sleeping through the night very well – this newest tooth is clearly hurting him and he seems to have bad gas at night (as an aside, if you have suggestions on ways to help with baby gas please let me know).
But, then last night happened…
Baby MPB was sleeping peacefully. Mr. MPB was watching a TV show that I had no interest in. So, when I finished cleaning up the kitchen from the day and went to join Mr. MPB on the couch and noticed the show he was watching, instead I looked at him and said I’m exhausted, I’m going to bed. Remember it’s your night to be up with Baby MPB. And with that, I went to bed, at 9:30pm. And I slept until 6:30am.
I feel like a new women today!!
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow my journey.