Anxiety Decreasing Strategies
I know our upcoming visit with Mr. MPB’s family will invoke anxiety for me. These visits always do, so I’m kind of used to it no. But, this visit will be our first with Baby MPB, so I’m sure my anxiety will be insane.
So, we have strategies to help control my anxiety and hopefully nip it in the bud before it becomes unbearable.
- No-one but Mr. MPB and I will feed Baby MPB. As Baby MPB is formula fed everyone seems to think they an feed him. Truth be told, feeding him is a massive challenge at the best of times. He sucks in so much air that it’s become a bit of an art form to get him to eat without causing him pain. So, no-one but us will feed him.
- Baby MPB will only eat fully pre-made formula. The 100% fully sterile formula, which is also the most expensive. We no-longer feed him this stuff at home, but I know my kitchen and I know everything is clean. We will be staying in a house that will have lots of people staying there and there will be a big party with lots of people using the kitchen and the fridge. So, I don’t want to even deal with formula prep and storage. I also don’t want to rely on others to clean things to my standards and I honestly just don’t want others “helping.” So, pre-made formula it is.
- I’m going to start running again while we are there (hopefully). This will give me an hour a day just for me and allow me to clear my head.
- We are visiting my out-of-town family member while we are there. No-one else is invited as I want to enjoy a special visit with her.
- The meet and greet party is being held in the evening. We suggested this isn’t a good idea since Baby MPB goes to bed at 7pm. We were told “he can just stay up late one night”. Nope, not going to happen. We are his parents and what we say is final. Ultimately, keeping Baby MPB up late is not in his best interests, especially while traveling and staying outside of our comfort zone. Quite frankly, his well being is all that matters and so does my peace of mind. So, he will be missing the majority of his party and I am okay with that. (As an aside, Mr. MPB tells me there will be blue cupcakes).
- We have a rental car. We will not be relying on family to drive us anywhere or to lend us their car. There will be no waiting should I need to escape, even just for a few minutes.
- Mr. MPB and I will make a point to talk every day without anyone else. If we cannot get time alone, then we will text. We have learned that its important check in and make sure neither of us are loosing our minds and if someone is how the other an help.
- I have a few food allergies which are usually ignored when we visit. I am not taking any chances on eating something that will make me sick. Also, regardless of any food allergies I don’t function well when I’m hungry. So, I will have granola bars with me at all times. A well fed MPB is a happy MPB.
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow my journey.