Driving Mr. MPB Crazy
So, I’m barely into the real adoption waiting period and it donned on me that I am really going to suck at the waiting to be matched time period.
I have never been known for my patience. Rather I am very well known for my impatience.
So, I already know that this adoption wait is not going to be easy for me. And it may make Mr. MPB’s life extra miserable as he is likely going to hear about my impatience more then anyone else.
As he recently realized my impatience will result in random comments from me like:
- I wonder if we will ever be chosen
- Are you hating this wait as much as me?
- Why isn’t this wait bugging you as much as it is me?
- I wonder how many times our profile has been shown this week?
- It’s odd to say, but our baby could already be conceived out there. There could be someone out there right now making a decision that will forever change their lives, our lives and our child’s life.
- Seriously, how long are we going to be stuck waiting and living in limbo?
- Have you checked your phone today to make sure you haven’t missed a call from someone?
- What are we going to do for the next milestone of being matched with baby?
- What other necessities do we need to have for baby? Which brand of baby monitor should we get? Or stroller? Or bottle? Or formula?
- I wonder if we are going to have a boy or a girl?
- Do you think we’ll actually get twins?
- Are you sure you’ve checked your phone today?
So, we’ve officially decded that I am going to drive Mr. MPB insane as we wait!
Typically I’d say something like wish me luck, but today I think it’s Mr. MPB who needs the well wishes!! Clearly I am going to drive him crazy as I verbalize every thought, day in and day out. This wait is going to be tough!
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow my journey.