I Now Have a Plan for Taking the World By Storm
I’ve been keeping a secret. The secret related to how I am going to start to take the world by storm. It’s kinda scary to be sharing my plan with the world, but I’ve decided it’s time now that a few other pieces in my life have fallen together over the last few weeks to enable me to make it happen. And by putting it out there for the whole world to see, it somehow becomes a bit more real.
I am writing my first book
I’ve been thinking about it for a few months and have started working on it.
I love to read memoirs and I think I can turn my life into one. I firmly believe my life story is a story worth sharing.
I know absolutely no-one in the publishing industry. I do not have an editor. I do not have a book deal. But, I have time, passion, work ethic, and energy. And, while I may not be the world’s best writer; I know that with some effort, hard work and a good editor, I can do it.
I have no visions of becoming the next J.K. Rowling or John Grisham. I do not expect that I will make tonnes of money by writing, but thankfully my husband has a pretty good career that makes a decent income so that’s doesn’t have to be the point.
My plan of action right now has two main steps:
- Continue writing. I figure this is a critical step to getting published.
- At the same time I’ve started asking everyone I know if they know anyone in publishing. I’m hoping to us a connection to turn this into reality. So far, I’ve completely struck out. But, it’s early. I still have time.
So, my request to the blogging world:
- If you think my writing is decent or if you see potential and you are in the editing or publishing industry please reach out to me. (My contact information is available in the page entitled “Contact”).
- If you know anyone in the editing and publishing industry, please put me in touch with them. Or recommend they check out my blog to see if they might be interested.
- Words of encouragement and constructive criticism are always welcome.
- Suggestions about how to get more connected with editors or publishers are also welcome.
I want to make a positive difference in people’s lives.
I want to contribute to the world in a meaningful way.
And, I am confident that this is my way forward.