Another First: Camping
We just got home from our first camping trip with Baby MPB.
First, the bad:
- It rained every day, except the morning we packed up to come home, then it was a beautiful sunshiny day. (It was almost as though the weather gods were sitting in their castle laughing at us).
- My allergies did not enjoy everything nature had to offer. I was a giant ball of snot.
- Lately Baby MPB seems to think his car seat is some sort of archaic torture devise, which means he screamed bloody murder most of the car ride there and back.
- Baby MPB had an epic poopsplosion that went through layers of clothing. We had no ability to do a proper bath, so sponge bath it was.
Now, the good:
- We were surrounded by beautiful mountains and stunning scenery while camping right next to a breathtaking river. There is no better place I can think to spend a long weekend, even in the rain.
- Baby MPB was amazing. He slept like a champ, just like he was sleeping in his own room at home. He even napped like a good baby, which he rarely does at home.
- Baby MPB forced us to slow down and enjoy just being. There were no 20+km day hikes in the mountains which we are accustom to, but there was a mini-baby friendly hike and plenty of baby giggles.
- Baby MPB put his little toes in a mountain river for the first time, and while clearly skeptical he seemed to enjoy it even though it was glacier fed, freezing cold water.
- There was lots of Baby MPB and doggy love. When Baby MPB went for a nap, the dog wanted to go with him.
- There was wonderful late night fireside conversations between Mr. MPB and I, when the rain let up.
- While exploring we stumbled upon breathtaking wildlife.
- And most importantly, Baby MPB seemed to enjoy the mountains just as much as we do.
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow my journey.