Time to Get Packing!
Upon realizing that baby could arrive any day, I’ve realized that it’s time to actually pack a suitcase for baby!
If nothing else, I want to be able to grab baby’s suitcase and go. (That said, I should probably contemplate putting some stuff in a bag for Mr. MPB and I, as we will probably need some clothing too. But somehow we just don’t seem as important right now).
For baby, what I think we need is:
- Baby clothing. Washed, folded and ready to wear.
- Some bottles. Hopefully they work, if not we will just buy new ones
- Microwave sanitizer steam bags. We have no idea if we’ll have a real kitchen, so being prepared to microwave will be a must.
- Swaddle blankets.
- Burp cloths and extra blankets.
- Soothers / pacifiers.
- Baby carrier.
- Nail cutters and bath supplies.
- Diaper bag with wet bag and change pad.
- The special little gifts we’ve purchased for the potential birth mom.
- My cute little age blocks, because weekly photos start on day 1.
And some baby things we plan to buy in the USA:
- Travel bassinet so baby has a safe place to sleep in the hotel. Oddly, not many are sold in Canada and the ones commonly sold in the USA seem a lot nicer.
- USA infant car seat. Due to the different regulations in Canada and the USA we are buying one in the USA and then a friend is loaning us one that their child just grew out of. We will try to donate the USA one before we come home since it makes no sense to throw out a perfectly good car seat that will only be used for a few weeks. (Also, I have an irrational fear of having to return a car seat if everything falls through, so I am putting this off until the very last second possible).
And of course anything else we discover we need we will just have to buy in the USA. I’m sure we will rely on Amazon for a lot and one of us will make quick trips to Target/Walmart as needed.
The majority of the stuff we I plan to put under the plane when we travel. The absolute necessities (camera, some clothing, sanitizer bags, age blocks, gifts, baby carrier, bottles) will go in a smaller carry-on size bag so that we are ready right away in case our luggage gets lost.
I still cannot believe this is all happening…
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow my journey.