Versatile Blogger Award
I am honored to have been nominated for the Versatile Blogging Award. As I had not heard of this blog award before, I thought I’d do a bit of research into it. I discovered that there is a blog dedicated to the award, and if you want to read more you can check it out here – The Versatile Blogger Award.
I was nominated by Kenzie at While We Wait. Kanzie is a fellow Canadian who now lives in Australia, and she has an awesome blog. I highly recommend checking it out.
These are the rules when you are nominated:
1. Post the award on your blog
2. Thank the person who nominated you
3. Share seven facts about yourself
4. Nominate 15 blogs
5. List the nominees and let them know
Seven Facts About Me
I decided to try to come up with seven facts that I have not shared on my blog before (I think). It took me a lot of time to think up this list and in the end I’m not sure if I succeeded.
- I am organized. Some would even say I am freakishly organized. (Okay, this one might be obvious to those who regularly read my blog).
- I’m slow to let people get close to me but once I do I am fiercely loyal to those who are loyal back. But once I feel hurt by someone, I will keep them at a distance and it’s unlikely they will ever get let back in.
- I love to travel. If I could afford it, I would travel somewhere different every few months. I enjoy every place I’ve been fortunate enough to travel to, and I would go back to Angkor Wat in Cambodia and Northern Thailand in a heart beat. However, I almost always would prefer to go somewhere new so that I can take in a new culture and way of life. Right now I really want to go to Iceland, Northern Canada, South Africa, and Italy.
- My favourite colour is blue. If we ever have a little girl she will likely wear blue from time to time.
- I love chocolate and sweets has resulted in more than one stomach ache over the years. I have no learned that I simply cannot eat anything sweet in the morning because when I do I will always end up feeling sick for the rest of the day.
- I am used to a professional setting where people tend to work efficiently. I attribute this to my displeasure with people who waste my time. There is nothing more annoying in the world to me then someone who takes too much time to complete a task, or who doesn’t do it well enough when I know they can do better.
- I cannot stand rude and disrespectful behaviour. I was raised to be polite and respectful and to exhibit these characteristics in my daily interactions. To this day I place significant value in treating others well, no matter who they are.
My List of Nominees
I really don’t like this part of the blogging award world – I follow so many great blogs that I find it such a challenge to pick only a handful to nominate. So, today, I decided to follow the instructions on how to choose someone to nominate someone who is versatile in their blogging and talks about a variety of subjects.
Our Greatest Desire – life, adoption, fertility, her recent miscarriage, family
Bruised Banana – life, recurrent pregnancy loss, foster to adopt
Waiting For Baby Bird – inspiration, life, infertility, foster parenting, marriage, religion
A Calm Persistence – family, recurrent pregnancy loss, fitness, health
According to Katie – family, her adorable little man, every day musings, recurrent pregnancy loss, photography, cat
Unpregnant Chick – IVF, infertility and Disney, parenting
Mindy Minix – Secondary infertility, life, writing, family, her beautiful daughter, parenting
Mama et Maman – IVF, infertility, recurrent pregnancy loss, dogs, her amazing cooking skills, dogs
Spirit Baby Come Home – reproductive immunology, recurrent pregnancy loss, medical systems
American Soustannie – truly a little bit of everything – life, death, blogging, dogs
All The Sun For You – Fitness, children, life after infertility, art, parenting, healthy eating
Planting Beans – Cupcakes, marriage, trying to conceive, friendship
Adoptive Black Mom – Parenting, adoption, life balance, culture
Stirrup Queens – the most versatile blog out there when talking about any sort of infertility
The Sky and Back – Iceland, Family, secondary infertility, miscarriage
Jen Rutner – Hysterectomy, infertility, endometriosis, advocacy
Amateur Nester – sharing stories and experiences of all sorts of infertility including IVF, acupuncture, miscarriage, childfree
I always love learning more about all the bloggers I follow, so anyone else who wants to participate please consider this your official nomination!
If you like this post, please feel free to share it and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow my journey.