Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award III
Recently, Mama et Maman nominated me to me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. I was ever so touched that she thought of me. When I read Mama et Maman’s questions, I knew I had to participate for my third time because her questions were just so awesome that they got me thinking immediately. And after the week I’ve had, it just seemed like something fun and lighthearted to think about.
- Link to the person who nominated you.
- Add the award logo.
- Answer the questions your nominator asked.
- Nominate 7 other blogs.
- Ask your nominees 10 questions.
My Questions & Answers:
1. You are stranded on a deserted island, you bring these 3 things.
- Mr. MPB
- Flint and Steel
With these three things I will can get through anything. Mr. MPB is a very experienced in the outdoors, so he can build shelter out of almost anything and will be able to provide food. Sadie will be useless and will actually create more work for us on the desert island, but I love her and I’m not about to abandon her so she is coming with us to provide love, entertainment and happiness. And the flint and steel, the one and only true survival item will be necessary to provide fire which allows us to keep warm, cook, and will give us piece of mind. If I could add a fourth item it would be some sort of endless supply of paper and pens because this girl loves to write.
2. All of us bloggers are stranded on a deserted island. What skill makes you an asset to the group?
I know Mr. MPB and he will be with me. He’s my asset.
Okay, on to a serious answer because I’m assuming he’s not with me as he is not a blogger. I love the outdoors, and have spent a lot of time hiking and camping in the backcountry, so I probably have more experience “rouging it” then most. And, I also have a pretty decent attitude about it, so I will likely not complain much and will help keep the spirits of the group up.
3. You are most like ________ on Orange is the New Black. Explain why.
I have only read the book, and I read it a long time ago. So my answer is based on the characters in the book and my very poor memory. So, with that I think I’d be most like Piper. Not because I have a history in the drug smuggling business or because I am a bisexual (in fact I am neither). Rather I see the connection to her because she faced such a harrowing experience that she never expected to face, and she did so to the very best of her ability. Some days were hard, but through it she also found ways to learn and even enjoy moments of her time behind bars. I also feel a kindred connection to her ability navigating new and uncharted territory, even though clearly our paths are very different.
4. You have this annoying habit.
I am incredibly sarcastic and have a slightly dark sense of humor which has a tendency to really shine through in moments of awkward silence.
5. What does your perfect day look like?
At first I thought this would be an easy question, but instead I’m struggling.
It would either be a lazy day or an adventurous day. Two completely different types of days.
My adventurous day would start early because there wouldn’t be enough hours in the day to explore something new and take it all in. It could be as simple as going for a new hike in the mountains with Mr. MPB and Sadie. Or it could be touring around a new city on one of our travel adventures. Either way, I just love first experiences. I love having my eyes open to an entirely new way of living and the new colours, smells and new sounds that go along with it. I love watching how people interact and use their beloved spaces. More than anything, I love looking at something and thinking, I need to take in every little bit of this, because I may never be fortunate enough to stand here again. There is a rush of energy that goes along with new experiences – I find it absolutely exhilarating;
On the other hand, my lazy day would start with sleeping in. And, it would be include reading preferably on a warm sunny day with a mojito in hand and possibly on a beach. Simple.
6. What was your first impression of your partner?
We met living on the same floor in university residence playing a stupid get-to-know you game. I saw him from across the circle and instantly noticed his beautiful dark hair and dark eyes, two of my absolute favourite features in a man. I was instantly attracted.
But, we didn’t really get a chance to talk as I went out for the evening on a date with another guy.
When I got back later in the evening, he was there. And we got to talking. At some point I stole his keys so that he’d have to keep talking to me later in the evening. The plan worked, and here we are today.
7. If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
I could imagine living somewhere really warm with lots of beaches, like Hawaii or Thailand, but I’m not sure I’d actually love it long term.
I could live in Whistler again, if I could afford to live the same type of lifestyle. I could also imagine living in Copenhagen or Helsinki – I love both of those cities.
All that said, I love where I live. I really do. We chose this city for specific programs at the University, but while living here we discovered we really enjoy it. Even though we have no family nearby we chose to make our home here because we just really like it.
8. What is your favourite meal?
Oh, this one is hard. I have so many favourite meals. Immediately wild sockeye salmon and anything with kale comes to mind. But so does the perfectly cooked medium-rare steak. Hmmm….so many choices. But honestly, I would have to say that sushi wins – I would live on sushi if I could. Some fun facts about my love of sushi include:
- Every single time we go out for dinner I suggest Sushi. Mr. MPB tolerates it for the most part, but every now and again he does request that we go somewhere different.
- I tried to have it at my wedding, but we realized almost none of our guests would eat it.
- I can tell you where the three closest sushi restaurants are to our house, and I can choose the best one based on the day of the week and the time of day.
- Whenever I’m on the west coast, I always eat sushi at least once, but preferably more.
- When we flew through Tokyo, we did NOT eat any sushi. Airport sushi did not seem like a good idea at the very start of our time in Southeast Asia. I still wish I had ordered it just to say I did. And I still wish we had paid the extra fee to have a stop over in Tokyo so I could have eaten at a real sushi restaurant outside of the airport.
- I think I shall try to convince Mr. MPB to go out for sushi tonight.
9. Name three comfort foods that make you feel better.
- Ice Cream
- White bread. Preferably sourdough.
10. What is on your birthday wish list for this year (other than a baby)?
I don’t really want to answer this one, first because most of the things that pop into my mind are related to our adoption process, but I suspect that falls under the category of baby. Second, I don’t want to answer this because my birthday is right around the corner and by answering this I take away the challenge for Mr. MPB to read my mind and get me the perfect gift.
But, since you asked, I will be honest. While I always enjoy beautiful jewelry and warm scarfs, this year, I would love a gift of quality time. A fully planned and organized night away or even just a day in the mountains with Mr. MPB would be perfect. And since I’m being honest, I would also love a camera lens too. I really want both a Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 Di SP A/M 1:1 Macro Lens for Pentax and a Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 AF APO DG OS HSM Telephoto Zoom Lens for Pentax. Evidently my wish list is ridiculously expensive. But, as we just cannot justify spending the cash right now, they both will have to wait.
I am hoping I chose 7 blogs that I have not nominated before – I have so many blogs that I really like, so I’d like to spread the love around.
- You are most like ________ in Harry Potter. Explain why.
- Cardio or weight training or neither?
- Describe your idea of a perfect date night.
- Are you a breakfast person? If so what’s your favourite breakfast meal?
- What is on your birthday wish list for this year (other than a baby)?
- Beer or wine or neither? And what is your preferred brand?
- What is your dream vacation?
- What is your dream job and why?
- Flats or heels?
- Name 3 little known facts about you.
If you like this post, please feel free to share it and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow my journey.