I can hardly believe I am going to write this, let alone that it’s actually even a possibility right now.
A potential career opportunity has developed that is so amazing we have to at least investigate it. And if we took it, it would require a move.
Mr. MPB has been contacted about a possible job that would require a relocation clear across the continent. An opportunity that would be designed to suit him specifically because they want him.
We are both self-employed so a move was not even on our radar simply because our clients are all based where we live. Starting my businesses over again would be incredibly hard without our professional network. And truthfully, going back to a 9-5 standard job which would be move like a 8-8 job in my industry, doesn’t really interest me at this point. But I’m confident that I would get a job pretty quickly if we were to move.
And of course, let’s not forget that we have an infant who clearly complicates such a move. We have family that would be rather disappointed to see us move even further away. Yet, we have extended family and friends who live close to the possible location and I suspect would welcome us with open arms. And a work change would probably mean daycare, which is less then desirable right now in my opinion (eventually im sure Baby MPB will go to some sort of daycare, but I’m not ready for that just yet). What we have now, with working from home and help from a nanny, while chaotic at times, is pretty amazing. Giving that up seems slightly crazy.
And we love our home where we are now. We bought it with the intention of raising our family here and leaving it would be so incredibly sad. We also love our current part of the world, I truly believe we live in one of the most awe inspiring parts of the world.
But (and it’s a big but), this potential opportunity is simply so amazing that we just cannot turn it down without further investigation. In fact, initially Mr. MPB did brush it off, thinking there is no way we’d relocate. Then we got to talking, and we’ve decided to at least investigate the opportunity and learn more details.
Honestly, if I were a betting person I’d say there’s a 97% chance we wont do it.
But that 3% possibility is pretty darn intriguing an full of so much potential!
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow my journey.