Going Home, Maybe?
If we can pull of a few small miracles today we are flying home tomorrow!
We even have our flights booked now, so we are desperately hoping everything comes together. (You are required to have flights booked in order to get a rush passport appointment, so we have).
Today we HAVE to accomplish the following:
- Overnight mail arrives before 8am containing original court order approving adoption.
- Make it to the passport office with original court order by 9am for a rush passport appointment.
- Canadian government returns their signed paperwork to agency this morning.
- Cross the city for an 11am appointment with agency to get Canadian paperwork and sign adoption placement paperwork. (This also signifies us becoming “real” parents in the eyes of our USA agency).
- Get back to the passport office for 2pm to pick up passport. Passport office is only open for pick-ups for 30 minutes.
And all of this depends on Mr. MPB driving all around a major USA city with only the help of a Garmin, an infant and a horrible navigator (i.e. wife) who is known to confuse left and right.
If anything goes wrong, we will be delayed until at least Monday, possibly longer depending on what goes wrong (i.e. if we miss the 30 minute pick-up window, then we have to pick it up on Monday. But if we don’t get the documents then next available passport appointment is Wednesday and we cannot fly without the passport). If we are delayed we will have to cancel our flights and re-book (and re-pay) for new flights.
Wish us luck!!
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow my journey.