I Will Never….
I will never:
- Let my child watch useless TV. Seriously, maybe I can tolerate educational programs, and the odd Disney movie (because I love Disney), but if there is virtually no value to it, they are not watching it.
- Formula feed. Nutrition is best, but I am going to breastfeed come hell or high water. I can and will make it work.
- Tolerate my child screaming in a restaurant. Seriously, is there anything more annoying then a kid ruining dinner for an entire restaurant?
- Be 30 minutes (or more) late for something. Nope, that’s just not going to happen because I just wont go at that point. And I despise when people are late and so I refuse to become one of them.
- Allow my child to throw a temper tantrum in public. Again, with kids ruining other people’s pleasant experiences. Oh, and shouldn’t kids be raised to be better behaved?
- Let them play games on my tablet/cell phone. Ya, that’s just not going to happen.
- Yell at my child in public for misbehaving. I will not be that mom. Heck, I’m hoping I never even yell at my kids in the privacy of our own home. My kids are just going to be brought up to be respectable, nice kids.
- Let my kids eat unhealthy, crap food. We make almost all our meals fresh. So why would our kids ever need to eat crap pre-made, processed foods? Between Mr. MPB and I, we will just make time to cook fresh and healthy meals everyday.
- I will never go out in public looking like I forgot how to get dressed. Nope, I will not be a pajama pant wearing mommy at the park or a restaurant. It cannot be that hard to take 2 minutes to throw on a nice pair of jeans and a clean t-shirt.
- My child will not be a spoiled brat. They will learn to save their allowance to buy toys. They will learn to say please and thank you, not just demand things.
I admit it, these are all things I’ve thought to myself or even said to Mr. MPB at one point or another.
BUT, I’m starting to see the errors in my years of innocent naive thinking. Just based on the fact that evidently hell and high water came to our lives, and breastfeeding is now out of the question. But even more, I seem to have an ever increasing awareness that parenting is the hardest job in the world which makes me realize that some of my preconceived notions might just be insane.
In many ways, I actually think it will be funny to compare this list with things that I actually do.
Somehow I think I will end up doing many of the things I said I’ll never do and many things my pre-baby mind hasn’t even thought of that it would also deem unacceptable.
To all my mommy friends out there, are there any other never’s that I should be on the look out for? Are there other things you swore you would never do and now find yourself doing? Or are there things that you never even thought of that you surprise yourself with now?
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow my journey.