Here is my eighth week of #100happydays.
Since this is officially marks the halfway mark of my 100 happy day adventure, I thought I’d recap my self-imposed rules:
- Photos must be taken on my Pentax K5, not the camera on my phone. Since we have an awesome camera, I want to force myself to use it more, and this seems like a great way to do it.
- I initially said I may not take photos every day. Clearly, I don’t half ass things, so I’m taking photos daily.
- I am only allowed 2 photos of my dog during the 100 days. This arbitrary number was chosen to prevent me from simply taking dog photos at 10pm if I didn’t get another photo during the day.
- I will post all the photos on www.myperfectbreakdown.com, usually early each week.
- As my blog is anonymous, my daily photos will not provide any obvious self-identifying elements (i.e. no selfies).
Day 50– August 25, 2014: Today is day 50!! I’m pretty shocked that I made it 50 days without a single miss. So today, I thought I’d celebrate the half-way mark with a photos of my favourite dog. She definitely brings happy into my life on a daily basis.
Day 51 – August 26, 2014: I built the world (with a tiny bit of help from my husband).
Day 52 – August 27, 2014: Today my Dad and Step-Mom stopped by to drop off some of my mom’s things from storage. My husband and I spent the entire evening feeling like we were part of some sort of old Christmas, as each box contained old and antique surprises. And at the same time many memories from my childhood rushed back into my mind – things I didn’t even know I still remembered. I had a great evening reminiscing and telling old stories that I had not thought about in years. So in honor of my mom and sister, today’s photo is a picture of one of the beautiful tea cups that we unwrapped and I am now able to cherish for years to come.
Day 53 – August 28, 2014: Packed and ready to go!! So excited!
Day 54 – August 29, 2014: My husband and I took a long weekend road trip – we drove a total of 2258 km (1403 mi) in 4 days. On Friday, our first day, we drove to Spokane, WA and my happy photo is of me holding a maple candy in front of a beautiful lake somewhere in British Columbia, Canada. Enjoying my favourite “Canadian” treat on a beautiful mountain drive – I definitely call this a happy moment!
Day 55 – August 30, 2014: The entire reason for our road trip was today: Dave Matthews Band live at the Gorge Amphitheater in Washington, USA. We set up camp, made some new new friends, and had an amazing time. Need I say more?
Day 56 – August 31, 2014: Today we drove 705 km (438 mi) from George, WA to Kalispell, MT. The drive was filled with beautiful scenery, but we didn’t stop to take photos because we were exhausted (and slightly hung-over from the night before). We spent the day chatting away as we drove through 3 states. This means, I only took one photo the entire day! But, I think it sums up the happiness of a day pretty well.
Wishing everyone a great week filled with happy moments!
If you like this post, please feel free to share it and please return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow my journey.