Sisterhood of the World Blogging Award
I’ve fallen drastically behind on my award posts, and thought today is a great day to catch up. So, today I’ll share that I was nominated for The Sisterhood of the World Blogging Award by two lovely bloggers.
The rules of this award are rather simple:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and link back to their blog
- Display the award logo on your blog
- Answer the 10 questions given to you
- Nominate 7 blogs, and give them 10 questions of your own
Amy at My Brain’s Escape and VallyAlly at Uncomfortably Optimistic. I have to say, both of these women are amazing and incredibly inspirational in their own way. Right now Amy is actively trying to get pregnant and building a house, so she’s one busy lady! And VallyAlly, she’s on a bit of summer break as she tries to live life while in throws of her infertility journey. Both of these women are amazing supportive and I love both of their blogs. I desperately hope that both of these women have their dreams come true very soon!
First up my questions from Amy:
1. If you could have any occupation, and your pay or benefits weren’t an issue, what would it be?
If I knew the answer to this, I’d be living my dream right now! I’ve spent an entire year trying to figure this out and yet I am nowhere near actually figuring it out. Maybe one day I’ll stumble upon it, but for now I’m just happy working part-time from home.
2. What is your favorite dessert food?
Almost anything made out of chocolate. I love Mr. MPB’s chocolate crepes. He also makes an amazing chocolate mousse.
3. What kind of movies do you prefer to watch?
I’m all about comedies and romantic comedies.
4. When you meet someone new, what is the first thing you usually notice about them?
Eyes and laughter.
5. What’s your most hated household chore?
6. What would be your ideal vacation?
I love summer, and I love adventure. So, something that has both of those. Right now I’m still dreaming of the day we get to go to Iceland.
7. Do you enjoy receiving flowers and cards, or do you feel it’s a waste of money?
I don’t see the point on cards, but I always enjoy reading the handwritten note inside the card. I really do love flowers. I know the flowers will just end up dying, but they make me smile and I love the bright colours, especially in the winter when we don’t even have green leaves left on our trees outside. So I’ll happily accept flowers from anyone who wants to give them to me.
8. If you have a coworker that you can’t stand, how do you deal with seeing/interacting with them daily?
I work from home and my company consists or me, myself and I. Someday I drive myself crazy, so does that count?
9. Are you close to your parents and siblings?
This is a pretty loaded question. Some-days yes. Some days no. It depends on the current situation and my current tolerance level.
10. Do you have a good sense of design? Meaning: are you able to visualize what you would like your home/room to look like, and able to carry it out? Or are you better off hiring someone to do it for you?
I’m okay at it but Mr. MPB actually has a really good eye for design. If it were my choice everything in our house would be rather simple. However, Mr. MPB is much more adventurous so we have some colourful touches in our house which is rather nice.
1. What’s the biggest lesson you have learned so far?
You never know what is going on in people’s lives. Don’t make assumptions. Seemingly simple statements can cause so much hurt and anguish for people, and this is so often avoidable if we just think before we speak.
2. Would you rather travel by plane, car, boat or train?
I always fall asleep on long car rides. I’m not a fan of boats, which isn’t a hard thing for me to avoid considering where I live. I do like trains, but train travel in my part of the world is ridiculously expensive so I’ve only ever traveled by train when I was in Europe. As for planes, the actual time on the plane may not be the funnest, but the destination always is! So, if i had to choose, I’d say plane, because I know the end result will be an amazing adventure full of fun times!
3. What’s the one place on earth you have always wanted to visit?
Iceland. Cuba. Italy.
4. What’s your favourite blogging topic?
I write a lot about our losses and our choice to adopt. And I read a lot about others going through infertility and their journeys to their families. But I also really love reading about something out of the ordinary – I think that’s why I always participate in these “awards”, you never know what you are going to learn about someone. Honestly, I’m not sure I have a favourite.
5. What is your dream job?
I wish I knew. I thought after doing some career counselling and quitting my old job I’d figure it out. It turns out, I still don’t know. Maybe one day I’ll stumble upon it.
6. Would you rather be an athlete or a musician?
Neither. Does that count? I’d rather
7. What’s the best time of day?
If we are talking about work, I’m a morning worker. The earlier the better.
If we are talking about non-work, I love the early evenings when it’s light out and I don’t have to work! Usually that’s when we exercise and cook together, so usually that’s when I’m happiest.
8. What do characteristic do you value the most?
Honesty and integrity.
9. Sweet or Savoury?
Sweet. Any day.
10. What’s the one thing you would never do again?
Sky Dive. It was a ton of fun when I did it at 18, but somehow now I just have no interest in throwing myself out of a plane.
This is always the hardest part. So today, I’m just going to pick the last 7 bloggers who commented on my blog.
My Questions for you:
- Do you prefer a black or a blue pen to write with?
- What type of a computer do yo use?
- Do you enjoy cooking?
- What is your favourite time of year?
- What is the last book you read? Was it good?
- Why do you blog?
- What is a good way to cheer you up on a bad day?
- What is your favourite ice cream flavour?
- If you could go back in time, what would you tell your 15 year old self?
- What is your favourite breakfast food?
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow my journey.