Random Thoughts Thursday
My mind is a bit muddled right now, so I’m going with a list of random thoughts today:
- We’ve had a lot of snow here in the last few days. I do not like winter at the best of times, but I can assure you, I really do not like the fact that winter arrived at the start of October. But, what makes me feel absolutely horrible is that we do not have winter clothing for Little MPB yet – we are those horrible parents! And even worse, Little MPB wasn’t allowed outside at daycare because of his lack of winter clothing (which is completely appropriate and safe), but apparently he just cried and cried while all the other kids got to play outside. I guess this means I need to find some winter clothing for my kid ASAP, like probably yesterday.
- I’m exhausted. This is nothing new. But for some reason I feel the need to share this fact once again. Work is killing me at the moment, mainly because I’m starting my days at about 5am, just to try to stay on top of my project list. As far as I’m concerned, 5am is meant for sleeping, not working.
- Little MPB is doing fantastic at daycare with potty training!! He uses the potty all day, every day. About every 45 minutes they take him to the potty and he goes. At home, not so much – he sits on the potty but rarely actually goes pee. But, daycare says not to worry because he’ll start going at home in the next week or two. So, we keep sitting on the potty and don’t worry much. This potty training progress makes me very excited.
- Doodle MPB. We got a second opinion. We REALLY like the lady who we called and we do plan to work with her, if we need to. After meeting Doodle MPB, she asked if we’d let Doodle MPB be a case study for her Tellington TTouch accreditation. We said yes, because we literally have nothing to lose at this point. The extra bonus is that it’s multiple sessions and we don’t have to pay since it’s for her courses! But, what was amazing is how quickly she responded to the mindful touches. She actually sat on the floor, voluntarily, for the first time in her life!! Now, I don’t know enough about TTouch to describe it here, but I’m pretty hopeful that it will help us by helping her learn to be calm.
- Our current parent-tot swim lessons is all dad’s and me, the one and only mom. I think it’s fantastic that parent-tot swimming is not just a group of mom’s, like all our previous classes have been. But, I have to say, I find it awkward, only because one individual has taken to talking to me throughout class and when we aren’t next to each other, he is winking at me during class. Now, maybe he’s just being overly friendly and I’m reading too much into it. And considering it would be nice to have more friends in our lives, maybe I should just assume he’s being friendly and it’s nothing more. But honestly, it’s awkward as I don’t really think the guy is winking at me just to be friendly. I’m at swimming class to happily spend time with my kid (which is presumably what he should be doing too) and I’d really rather not be hit on. Maybe it’s time for me to get a new wedding ring that I can actually wear?
- Did I mentioned I’m exhausted?
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow.