Five Things on a Friday
- I am so tired. Little MPB is really struggling with his two year molars at the moment. No-one in our house has slept for at least a few nights. Please let these teeth come in soon…
- I must get back to some sort of fitness. I’m finally eating normally again and miss spinning. Heck, right now I’d even be happy just going for a run. So, I need to fit that back into my life now that I have the energy again. As an aside, I still no idea what the cause of all my stomach issues was and still no word on when I’ll actually see a GI. Also, I gave up on the I saw, but do intend to find a new one who actually returns emails and follows up with patients. I have a referral to someone else who apparently will answer questions like what foods should I try eating, and just need to make an appointment.
- I desperately miss our dog. Those puppies are expected to be born any day now. I’m still hoping that when I show Mr. MPB little puppy pictures he’ll have a change of heart, but only time will tell.
- Both Mr. MPB and I very excitedly called our parents, siblings and some friends to share the news that Little MPB is now a Canadian. To which every single person responded with, I thought he was already a Canadian? So we had to explain immigration to everyone. It’s truly remarkable how much misunderstanding and lack of knowledge there is about international adoption. But regardless of everyone else’s muted response, we are over the moon excited that he is now a Canadian!!
- I was recently talking with someone who knows most of our recurrent pregnancy loss history. She nicely told me this story: XXX who had 8 miscarriages, so way more then you, then went to India to have twins via gestational carrier, is now pregnant with a healthy baby. So, how should I have respond to this? I don’t even know XXX, I’ve just had the pleasure of hearing about their life decisions as compared to mine for the last few years. I know, it gives this person something to talk abut with me, but I so felt judged that we didn’t try hard enough and that maybe if we try again it would work. I didn’t say much, but I wish I had been quick enough to come back with some thing smart in the moment.
If you like this post, please feel free to share and please click the follow button on the side or return to myperfectbreakdown.com to follow my journey.